Skip to main content

Chapter 11: Story of Berry and honey



My friend shared this hilarious story with me, and I couldn't stop laughing, so I thought I'd share it with you.

She was strolling down the street, casually glancing at all the stores, hotels, and shopping malls when suddenly, a craving hit her like a lightning bolt — chicken biriyani! Unable to resist, she made a quick run to a nearby biriyani shop. But just as she was about to order, a thought struck her: "Wait a minute, didn't I just have chicken biriyani last week... and the week before that?" She realized that maybe spending more money on yet another plate of biriyani wasn't the most financially responsible choice. “I should really use my money for something more useful,” she thought.

So, with the noble intention of saving money, she stepped out of the shop. That’s when her eyes landed on a pet adoption center right across the street. And somehow, in a twist of logic that only she could comprehend, she decided, “If I can’t have chicken biriyani, I’ll just get a chicken!” (Yeah, her love for chicken runs deep.)

But, of course, she didn’t stop at just one chick — no, that would be lonely. So, she adopted two! Chick number one and Chick number two, who were already best buddies, came home with her. Her family was surprised, but to her delight, everyone loved the new feathery additions.

Then came the time to name her new pets. She, being the quirky genius she is, decided to name them “Biri” and “Yani” — because, well, that’s what she was craving when she got them. But her mom, trying to put some common sense into the situation, suggested something less... food-like.

So, my friend put on her thinking cap and rebranded “Biri” as “Berry” and “Yani” as “Honey.”

But, let’s be honest — in her heart, they’ll always be “Biri” and “Yani,” the closest she could get to biriyani without breaking her wallet!

Thank you Kiruthika for the story!<3





Comments

  1. This made me laugh out loud! Thank you for sharing this story through your beautiful perspective! Biri and Yani would enjoy this if they could! ;))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Embracing Self Awareness

Let me begin my first blog with a quote, " Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom"- Aristotle  I am Alena, I am a normal girl with ordinary talents. If that is the way I introduce myself, what makes me different and what makes me unique?  Most of the people including myself, become insecure and shy away from challenges life has in store because of not being self-aware of their potential. Self awareness plays a major role in personal growth and well being of a person. We need to understand and keep track of our strengths and weaknesses. Our strength could end up turning into our weakness and our weakness could end up being our strength later. An example from my life: In school, I had a hard time making friends which I considered as a flaw, In college I don't find that as an issue which ends up being my strength. I remember starting a personal diary to jot down my emotions and instead of writing what I truly felt, I wrote as if somebody would read it. That is not t

Chapter 2: Pain behind every smile

For the people who think life is unfair, "The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears, and the kindest hearts have felt the most pain"- A beautiful soul. Behind every smile there is a hidden story. I had a teacher who had an immense amount of positivity in her. She always wore a beautiful smile on her face. She loved teaching her students and put in maximum effort to everything she did. Seeing her being so positive, I thought she didn't have much trials in life and I wished I was like her. Was that the reality? No!.  One day, we had a personal conversation with her and we realised how melancholic her life was. She narrated an incident where she was on the verge of losing her life and she talked about the other issues she had to encounter everyday of her life, which was not something we would imagine her having. She hid all the pain with a smile. I still remember asking her jokingly, "Should I write a book based on your

Chapter 3: Little things matter

"Sometimes it's the little things that make life worth living"- Nadine Gordimer Noticing and appreciating the little things around you can make a huge difference in your life. They say "the bigger, the better," but that's not always true. Sometimes, noticing the small details around you, can bring a kind of joy that big things can never offer. A hot cup of coffee made by your mom, a smile from a stranger, or a compliment from a loved one—little things like these make your heart happy. When someone listens to you with genuine interest, or when they notice that you're not feeling well just by looking at you, you feel loved and cared for Imagine your day like this: You wake up and start the day with a smile. You drink a hot cup of coffee and thank your mom for making it. You enjoy your delicious breakfast. You start traveling, and your auto driver says "thank you". You get on the bus and find a seat while many others are left standing. You give up