Skip to main content

Chapter 12: The beauty of colours



There is something mesmerizing about colors. They stir the senses, evoke emotions, and bring meaning to everything around us. Colors aren’t just visual; they’re emotional, personal, and deeply connected with our lives in ways that we often overlook. Each color holds its own story, its own feeling, and its own ability to paint the world in ways words never can.


For me, colors are like silent companions that walk with me through the dark . They define moods, they capture memories, and they express what words sometimes fail to. Think of the deep blue ocean, a color that seems to hold both mystery and peace at the same time. When I stare into that expanse of blue, I’m reminded of the feeling of being small, yet deeply connected to something vast and timeless. It’s a color that speaks of both adventure and serenity, a thing that I find endlessly comforting.


And then there’s green, the color of life itself. Growing up, I would spend hours staring at the trees swaying in the breeze, amazed at how different shades of green could reflect so many things vibrant and young in the spring, deep and earthy in the summer, and fading as autumn approached. Green always felt like renewal to me, a promise that life moves forward, and that with every ending comes a new beginning.


Yellow, on the other hand, is pure joy. It’s the color of sunlight spilling through the windows on a lazy afternoon, warming everything it touches. It reminds me of laughter, of the carefree days when worries seem far away. Yellow is a reminder to look for happiness in the simple things, to appreciate the light in every situation. Whenever I see it, I feel a little lighter, a little more at ease, as if the world has paused just to radiate a bit of brightness my way.


But then there’s red, the color of passion, empowerment and energy. It’s a color that can make my heart race, as if the air itself is charged with electricity. Whether it’s the deep red of a sunset or the hue of a flower in bloom, red demands attention. It reminds me of moments of courage. Red is life in its most vibrant form that is bold, unapologetic, and unforgettable.


Yet, not all colors evoke loud emotions. Some, like soft pastels, speak in whispers. The gentle pinks and lavenders are the colors of quiet moments, of reflection and tenderness. They remind me of sunsets, of the gentle transition from day to night when the sky is brushed with soft hues, almost as if the world itself is slowing down to take a breath. In those moments, I find a kind of peace, a reminder that not everything needs to be rushed, that there is beauty in stillness.


The beauty of colors lies not just in their visual appeal but in the way they connect to our lives, our memories, and our emotions. They are a part of us, as much as the air we breathe or the words we speak. They make us feel things without explanation, and they paint the world in ways that nothing else can. Each color, in its own way, reflects life, who we are and what we experience.


Perhaps that’s why I’m so drawn to them. In a world that often feels too loud or too overwhelming, colors offer a way to see things differently, to find beauty in both the quiet and the chaos. They remind me that life is not black and white, but a brilliant spectrum of experiences, each one as unique and important as the last. Colors bring the world to life, and in doing so, they bring us closer to understanding ourselves.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Embracing Self Awareness

Let me begin my first blog with a quote, " Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom"- Aristotle  I am Alena, I am a normal girl with ordinary talents. If that is the way I introduce myself, what makes me different and what makes me unique?  Most of the people including myself, become insecure and shy away from challenges life has in store because of not being self-aware of their potential. Self awareness plays a major role in personal growth and well being of a person. We need to understand and keep track of our strengths and weaknesses. Our strength could end up turning into our weakness and our weakness could end up being our strength later. An example from my life: In school, I had a hard time making friends which I considered as a flaw, In college I don't find that as an issue which ends up being my strength. I remember starting a personal diary to jot down my emotions and instead of writing what I truly felt, I wrote as if somebody would read it. That is not t

Chapter 2: Pain behind every smile

For the people who think life is unfair, "The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears, and the kindest hearts have felt the most pain"- A beautiful soul. Behind every smile there is a hidden story. I had a teacher who had an immense amount of positivity in her. She always wore a beautiful smile on her face. She loved teaching her students and put in maximum effort to everything she did. Seeing her being so positive, I thought she didn't have much trials in life and I wished I was like her. Was that the reality? No!.  One day, we had a personal conversation with her and we realised how melancholic her life was. She narrated an incident where she was on the verge of losing her life and she talked about the other issues she had to encounter everyday of her life, which was not something we would imagine her having. She hid all the pain with a smile. I still remember asking her jokingly, "Should I write a book based on your

Chapter 3: Little things matter

"Sometimes it's the little things that make life worth living"- Nadine Gordimer Noticing and appreciating the little things around you can make a huge difference in your life. They say "the bigger, the better," but that's not always true. Sometimes, noticing the small details around you, can bring a kind of joy that big things can never offer. A hot cup of coffee made by your mom, a smile from a stranger, or a compliment from a loved one—little things like these make your heart happy. When someone listens to you with genuine interest, or when they notice that you're not feeling well just by looking at you, you feel loved and cared for Imagine your day like this: You wake up and start the day with a smile. You drink a hot cup of coffee and thank your mom for making it. You enjoy your delicious breakfast. You start traveling, and your auto driver says "thank you". You get on the bus and find a seat while many others are left standing. You give up